Family Voices of Alabama developed a Care Notebook through its Family-to-Family Health Information Center project. It provides a framework with easily fillable forms for creating your own Care Notebook. Go to download page.
Request a printed copy of the "Transition to Adult Health Care Guide" developed in April 2012 at http://www.familyvoicesal.org/requestInfo/
or download a copy and print your own
Tip Sheet - Preparing for Health Care Transitions (pdf)
Open and read or download the tip sheets below. All are in pdf format and require the free Adobe Acrobat plug in. If you have a problem with the file, read the notes below.
In the pages referenced below, we have tried to compile useful forms and valuable information and guides. We have the divided information into the following categories.
- Healthcare Preparedness
- Evacuation Preparedness
Coping with Medical Debt
- Your Medical Bills: A Consumer’s Guide to Coping with Medical Debt
Personal Care Attendant Handbook
- Personal Care Attendant Services, a Handbook for Accessing and Using Personal Care Attendant Services
- Special Connection - Families Giving Families A Break - Our Family Notebook for Respite
Youth Transition Planning
- Transition Planning Workbook
- Full Life Ahead, A Workbook and Guide to Adult Life for Students with disAbilities and Their Families
* You will need the free Adobe Reader software to open these files. If you do not have it, get more information on our software page.
We hope you find what you need.
If not, please Contact Us and we will do our best to assist you!
DISCLAIMER: Within this web site, there are links to "outside sites" which are not managed by the Family Voices of Alabama (FV of AL). FV of AL does not endorse nor recommend the information or products posted on these sites, and receives no payment or other consideration for providing these links.